Johnny
Davison
Mr.
DeWit
English
4
08/25/13
Response
Paper
Dear Jill Tucker,
Your articles are very well written but lack a lot of
information. As a young Black African-American I feel like you portrayed your
article to be like a pity party statement. Some statement s you said was true
and you had a lot of great things in there but it sort of lacked truth. It’s
true that when you walk out your door you have no idea what is in store for
you, you have no idea who Is lurking waiting to take you out probably for
something you had no idea about. Im similar to Thomas I stay to myself pick and
choose my friends because I don’t want to be associated with non-sense and be
lying in my grave. Most of the shootings that are happening now and days are
retaliation from a hurt individual who have lost a person close to them whether
it be a family member or a close friend, Emotions are flying high so now that
persons mentality is like “Forget Everything” . Most kids can’t handle school
after a traumatic experience they find it hard to concentrate so school gets
ruff, they don’t drop out because they want to sometimes they have to. Then you
have these good for nothing teachers who don’t give a damn whether you pass or
fail as long as they don’t have to deal with you, all most teachers or looking
at is a paycheck at the end of the day they don’t care if your learn
anything or not and most kids know
that, and that’s why they take education lightly because we don’t have mentors
who care about our future and want to see us successed. Oakland is hard because
people make it hard, all the stereotypes that get put out and talked about
makes it what it is. If people spent less time complaining and more time trying
to help and clean it up, we will have better futures for the upcoming
generations out there. We need more mentors like Mr. Robinson from Castlemont,
or make more charter schools for African-American kids like your Article
“Manhood 101”. You have a lot of good points in your Articles just not enough
information and details. Kids now and days are picking up hood mentality
because that’s what they were brought up, that’s how they learn to survive or
see another day, because either their father passed or maybe that’s what their
father is teaching them or they are feeding into what society is saying about
us, either way guidance is needed. When I was younger my father was in and out
of Jail and my auntie was murdered and my Uncle died two weeks later I went
through a depression stage, I skipped school didn’t go because I didn’t want to
deal with anyone, Then when I did go I was fighting cursing out people etc. So
I know what kids are going through but if they had mentors like I did to help
them through these tragic times they will be okay. You as an author should get
more write about how we could help more and not all about the tragedies, help
make the community better write an article on what kids need, what they are
striving for etc. , make them feel important. Your chronicles can help shape
kids future; let them see the good and not all the negativity that’s going on
in the community. Remember you are one of the many who can help change and
shape these kids future. Also remember “Facts are the Key of Life”.
Sincerely,
Johnny Davison
No comments:
Post a Comment